Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bonjour Jolie

Hi Darlings!
     Yesterday I received my Bonjour Jolie box in the mail. This is a "time of the month" subscription service that is $21. I did do an unboxing video and I will link that here: http://youtu.be/0s3OSgh0Vq4 If you notice in the video that they spent a lot of time carefully packing my box! The top was covered in rose petals and it was just so cute. I do want to mention that I did cancel my subscription after receiving this box and I will explain why at the end.

The Box - "Summer of Color"


 The box is divided into four types of products, so that's how I'm going to review them.

The Pampering


 Rusk Deepshine Shampoo/Conditioner Set

A sulfate free, gentle cleansing shampoo and conditioner formulated to prolong color retention and provide vital nourishment to help strengthen and restore damaged, weak hair. This sample is worth about $0.75, and No, I have not tried it yet. But I will!

Khiels Superbly Restorative Body Lotion

A lightweight, readily absorbed lotion that restores softness and tonicity for radiant healthy looking skin. Blended with fairly-traded Moroccan argan oil and argan leaf extract. I was so excited to try this, and sadly disappointed. It was not lightweight. It didn't really soak into my skin well. However, I know several people that have had this work really well for them, so maybe its just my skin type. This sample is worth about $0.50.

Summer's Eve Cleansing Cloths

This is something I was really excited to see in the box, this is the perfect thing for after or even during your period. However, I am only going to try two of them. The two on the left are "simply sensitive" and I have very sensitive skin so I don't want to risk using the other because it is scented.  This sample is worth around $0.75.

Moroccan Rose Soap Petals


I'm not very good with identifying smells, but these smell amazing! I am really excited to use them in the bath tub. This is worth about $1.50

Advil 4 200mg Tablets

Not much to say about Advil... :) It should just be Advil right? Price: $1.00

The Gift

Pop Beauty Stain Stay

The color I got is called Brick Beauty and it is really pretty! I swatched it in my unboxing video and I really liked it! Also, it really is a stain. I had a really hard time getting it off my hand. This is a full size item that retails for $16.

The Edibles


2 Chicks with Chocolate 

This is a four piece truffle set that tastes amazing! I only ate one (the one in the top right of the box) and the inside was filled with milk chocolate. I really hope that the other ones are too. I was a little worried they would have like a cherry or strawberry filling, which I would not have liked. Retail value $8.

Touch Organic Tea

I haven't tried this yet. But I love tea so I will use it! It's just been so I hot recently all I've wanted to drink is water. Retail price $1.50.

The Must Have

Pads/ Tampons ect...

 When you sign up for the box you can pick up to 30 pads tampons or panty liners. And this is what I got. Retail price $8.

Verdict

I spent $21 and got about $38 worth of product. Pretty good. 

Why I'm Canceling

I am canceling my subscription to this because I really don't feel like I need to get this every month, I wish there were an option to send it out every other month or maybe 4 times a year. I wont use 30 pads every month so it will just add up. And there are so many subscription boxes that I still want to try I feel the money could be spent elsewhere. 

Update! 

I was contacted my the company saying that they will offer me a subscription for every other month! The costumer service with this company is incredible! I highly recommend them.


No comments:

Post a Comment