Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Beauty Army May 2013

Beauty Army Box - May 2013

Hey guys and dolls!

     Last week I received my first Beauty Army box in the mail! I was so exited to open it. I'm sorry I didn't get this out sooner but I wanted to try out some of the products before telling you all about them. First let me tell you exactly what Beauty Army is just in case you don't know. Beauty Army is a monthly subscription service that is $12 a month and includes shipping. This is a really unique service because you can actually pick out the products they send you each month which I don't think you can do with any other beauty subscription services.


The Box

The box it comes in is actually a really nice box and can be reused.
 I know its hard to read the card here so here is what it says:
Hello Gorgeous
In honor of Women's Health Month, we're sharing our 3 favorite health tips. Abide by these to live a happier, longer, and healthier life:
1. Laugh
Not only eases stress but promotes social bonding and boosts your immune system.
2. Don't Skip Breakfast
Fiber in the morning means you're less likely to make bad food decisions later in the day.
3. Seven Hours of Sleep
Helps you live longer, sharpens your memory and reduces food cravings.
These are all the products I received.



New York Streets Dry Shampoo

This is a full size item that retails for $17.00. I actually tried this out and I loved it! When this runs out I will buy more for sure. It really soaked up a lot of the excess oil out of my hair after not washing for 2 days. It also gave my hair a really nice texture. My only complaint is that when you spray it the smell is a little strong but the smell does not stay in your hair so its a really great product.
You can purchase it here:  http://www.newyork-streets.com/dry-shampoo.php

iTRAIN Gift Card

This is a $25 gift card to iTRAIN. This is a website that actually has downloadable work outs from celebrity trainers. I haven't used this yet but I'm really excited too. If you wanna check it out here is the website: http://www.itrain.com/

Nailuv Gel Polish

 I was originally really excited to receive this product. The full size retails for $14.95 and the one they sent me is 1/2 of a full size. You cant tell because the bottle is black but its a really, really pretty pink color. However, I can't use it.
I had no idea that nail polishes had to be used with a lamp. It says on the box: Recommended for professional application in salon. Gel polish requires curing with uv/led lamp. So if anyone knows how I can apply this at home let me know in the comments. In case you want it you can buy it here:http://www.nailuvpolish.com/shop/berry-sweetie-gel-nail-polish/

Mark. Scanda-lash mascara 


The item I received is full size. In my opinion its rather small to be a full size item at 0.12OZ. But it retails for $6.50. Now for me this is not a mascara that I would wear. It doesn't give me the volume and length that I want, that being said, if you are someone who wants a more wearable everyday mascara then I really did like the formula and the brush was great too. You can get yours here: http://shop.meetmark.com/product.aspx?pf_id=31417

COTZ Face spf 40

This is a tinted sunscreen. Full size retails for $19.99, mine is not full size. I did have a chance to try this. I liked it for the most part, it blends translucent and is nice to wear under your make-up. However, I really don't think I would repurchase it because I felt it dried my face out. I have naturally oily skin so for anything to dry my face out is unusual. But you can pink some up here if you wanna try it. :http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4190153

GG Gatsby Ooh La La Volume Conditioner

I haven't had a chance to use this yet but I will update this when I do. The full size of this retails for $9.99 and you can get it here: http://www.gggatsby.com/raise-volume-conditioner.html If anyone has used this and like it let me know in the comments!!!

Final Thoughts

So I paid 12 dollars for the box. Retail price is $61.50!! If that's not a good deal I really don't know what is. Also an FYI I calculated the prices based on what was in my box, not the price of a full size product when I didn't get a full size. So the total retail price of the amount of product I received is $61.50. If you want to get a Beauty Army Box you can get yours here: https://beautyarmy.com/

Thanks for reading!! Be sure to follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DestinationHousewife

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment